Let me start by saying that I LOOOOOOOOVE pasta. Like, I can eat it daily and be as content as a pig in mud. But I don’t want to feel like a pig in mud by eating carbs all the time, so I told myself – let’s see what this Spaghetti Squash is all about.
Um…call me a convert. This is the EASIEST thing in the world and I’m hooked! I’ve also lost an additional 4 pounds in 5 days eating this!
What’s more, it’s also vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free and super quick to make in your Instant Pot!
Here’s How I Made It!:
Begin by getting a handsome spaghetti squash…
…and slicing it longways down the center.
Scoop out the seeds and stringy stuff in the center (using an ice cream scooper is awesome for this).
Now we’ll add the trivet and some water to the Instant Pot.
And place out halved and scooped squash on top of the trivet. Secure the lid and cook at high pressure.
When done, remove the lid and carefully remove the squash to a flat surface (it will be hot!)
Once the squash has slightly cooled, take a fork…
…and shred the squash. You’ll notice that it will literally shred into a spaghetti-like noodle form. They clearly gave this squash its name for a reason.
Transfer the shredded “spaghetti” to bowl before adding pack into the Instant Pot on the “Sauté” setting.
Then, take some GOOD marinara sauce (I LOVE Victoria White Linen which you can buy here or in some markets or at many a Costco)…
…and pour it over the spaghetti squash.
Mix is all up nicely together as it heads up…
…sprinkling in some parmesan cheese if you so desire.
Now take some of that delicious healthy “pasta”…
…and feed it to a hungry person.
ALL of the pasta satisfaction with NONE of the carby guilt prepared in MINUTES!
- 1 Cup of water
- 1 3-4 pound Spaghetti Squash, halved and seeds scooped out
- Marinara sauce and seasonings of your choice if necessary (I like to use Victoria White Linen)
- Parmesan cheese
- Cut the Spaghetti Squash down the center and scoop out the seeds and most of the dark, moist strands (I find an ice cream scooper helps a great deal!)
- Using the trivet in the Instant Pot, dump in the water and then layer each half of the squash on the trivet
- Close the lid and set on “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” High Pressure for 5 minutes (or 6 of you want it a little softer). It may take a little time to come to pressure but that’s normal
- Quick Release
- Carefully remove the squash by each half (it will be HOT and soft) and then take a fork to shred each half. It’s like magic how this happens and it basically turns into spaghetti!
- Place the shredded squash in a bowl. Dump the steaming water from the pot and return it to the Instant Pot
- Turn the pot on Sauté and on the “Less” function (don’t worry about the time – only takes a few minutes) and add the shredded squash and some marinara sauce (or any you prefer). The amount is to your liking!
- Toss with the squash with the sauce and add for a few moments and serve with some sprinkled parmesan, oregano or basil if you wish
It doesn’t have to only be Marinara sauce! Use any sauce you’d like! Even though it may up the calorie count, you can STILL feel guilt-free because you aren’t eating carb-based noodles 😉