Wanna make the easiest hard boiled (pressure boiled?) eggs ever – the kind where you don’t even have to pre-boil water and where the shell just peels off with no pockmarks or nicks in your egg?
Well, look no further! Your Instant Pot will change the way you hard-boil eggs forever! You’ll also want this double tier egg-rack to do 18 eggs at a time!This was a BREEZE. At last, boiling eggs is a joy!
And the best part? IT DOESN’T SMELL! NO eggy, sulfur like odors at all!
Here’s How I Made It!:
Begin by adding some water to the Instant Pot.
Then, rest the trivet or a good egg rack in the pot.
Place the eggs on the trivet or rack.
And if you do purchase a double-tiered egg rack, you can get 18 eggs safely “pressure boiled” at once! Secure the lid and cook at high pressure.
When done, you’re going to have perfect hard boiled eggs! (If some of the shells are slightly cracked, that’s totally normal).
Now, prepare an ice bath for the eggs…
…and carefully (they will be hot) lay the eggs into the bath and let sit for a few moments to cool.
When the time comes to peel, remove an egg from the ice bath…
…and peel the shell off of it.
You’ll be AMAZED at just how easy it slides off and how perfectly in tact the shape of the egg will remain – nice & smooth. Watch the video below for guidance on how to simply and properly do this.
Wanna see how well it cooked? Slice the egg in half…
…and check out how perfect the yolk will be!
Feel free to do whatever you want with your hard (pressure) boiled egg. Turn it into egg or potato salad…
…my incredible chopped liver!…
…my fierce horseradish deviled eggs…
…or just eat them hardboiled and store in the fridge!
However you choose to use them, your life just got a whole lot easier and EGGcelent!
- Eggs (however many you want to fill the pot but this double tier egg-rack will make 18 very easily AND it fits the 6qt and 8qt models!)
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot
- Place the trivet or an egg-rack in the pot and then add the eggs
- Hit the “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” button at High Pressure for 5 minutes (or 6 minutes if you want the yolk a little firmer)
- Natural release for 5 (or 6) minutes, then quick release the rest
- Carefully place the eggs in an ice water bath for about 2 minutes
- Peel and prepare as you wish