If you ever wanted to make a pepperoni pizza into a pasta, this is the recipe for you. And, to up the ante, if you wanted to make it with only FIVE ingredients in a true “dump and go” fashion in ONE pot, you’ve really come to the right pizza party. This recipe is so outrageous in both flavor and simplicity, it practically makes itself! I’m talking the easiest, cheesiest, PLEASIEST meal.
- 3 cups chicken or garlic broth (e.g. Garlic Better Than Bouillon)
- 3 1/2 cups marinara or pizza sauce (use a good one like Rao's or Victoria, at room temperature is best), divided
- 1 pound regular or large elbow macaroni
- 2-4 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese, plus more for a pizza-style finish
- 6 ounce package pepperoni, diced (reserving some for topping if giving it the pizza-style finish – but don’t dice the pepperoni used for that)
- Add the broth and 1 ½ cups of marinara sauce to the Instant Pot. Stir well. Add the pasta but do not stir. Just smooth it out so it’s mostly submerged.
- Secure the lid and move the valve to the sealing position. Hit Cancel followed by Manual or Pressure Cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes. Quick release when done and give the pot a good stir.
- Stir in the cheese until stretchy (NOTE: start with 2 cups and, after stirring, see if you’re content with the cheese count. If not, add up to 2 cups more). Then follow with the remaining 2 cups of marinara and the pepperoni (reserving some for topping if following Step 4). Let rest for 5 minutes and either serve or….
- For A Pizza-Style Finish: Evenly top the finished pasta with another 1-2 cups of shredded Mozzarella and pepperoni slices. Add the Air Fryer Lid to your Instant Pot and hit Broil (400°) for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and browned. Alternatively, you can also do this by placing the pasta in a casserole dish and broiling in the oven until the cheese is golden brown.
Wanna make this pizza vodka-style? Sub vodka sauce for the marinara!