Don’t you just love all the things you can do with eggs? Scramble, poach, fry, hard-boil. All are fabulous. But sometimes, you want to get a little sinful and DEVIL them! ?
Even better if there’s a little kick to it – with some horseradish perhaps? They’re like the twice-baked potatoes of the egg world!
Thanks to the Instant Pot, This is a delicious and SIMPLE treat to prepare for friends, family or if you just want to snack on them yourself!Here’s How I Made It!:
Start off by hard-boiling and peeling some eggs using this method here
Slice each egg in half longways, creating a clean cut.
See? Nothing like egg-like eyerolls
Gently scoop the yolks out of each egg white and place in a mixing bowl…
…and then set the egg white into an egg caddy.
Repeat until all the yolks are in the mixing bowl…
…and the egg whites are in the caddy.
To the yolks, add in some mayonnaise…
…and, of course, the horseradish (use Gold’s if possible).
Add that in with the rest.
Take a fork…
…and mash it up/mix it together until smooth and thickly creamy
Now take a piping bag with the star tip…
…and add the egg filling into the bag (you can do this easily by resting the bag within a tall glass while filling).
Squeeze the filling into the crater within each egg white…
…and then sprinkle some paprika over it…
…so they look like these things of beauty when done! You’ll be the hit of the party – guaranteed!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved longways
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise (I used reduced fat as I feel like you can’t even tell once everything is combined)
- 1 to 2 tbsp of white horseradish (I used Gold’s. You can get it “hot” or “regular” in the market depending on your taste!)
- 1/2 tsp dill weed (dried dill)
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- A dash of pepper
- Sprinkled paprika for garnish
- In your Instant Pot, make 6 hard-boiled eggs (Recipe Here)
- Slice the eggs in half, longways and scoop out the yolks and place in a separate bowl. Place the egg whites in a deviled egg caddy or a dish
- Add ALL the other ingredients EXCEPT for the paprika and mix together very well
- Add the mixture to a piping/frosting bag and use the tip that you see in the video or any kind you prefer!
- Squeeze the mixture into hole where each egg white was. Garnish with some lightly sprinkled paprika
- Pop into the fridge for at least 30 minutes so the mixture sets and firms up nicely – that’s when they taste best!
No matter what kind of deviled egg you make, it will be made SO much simpler thanks to the Instant Pot and this fool-proof and convenient method on how to hard-boil eggs.
You’ll also want this PERFECT egg caddy for the fridge and EASY transport if taking them to a party!