If there’s anything I love, it’s a cold and crisp salad crowned with the perfect dressing. I like a dressing that isn’t too creamy or too oily and one that has a perfect tang to it. Folks, this is that dressing.
Inspired by prime rib steakhouses with a “spinning salad” (salad spun in a metal bowl on a bed of ice as dressing is poured over it), this dressing is everything you could ever want and more! Seriously, my entire family and dinner party guests kept asking for the recipe after.
SO easy to make too!
Here’s How I Made It!:
To a blender, add some water…
…apple cider vinegar…
…seasoned salt (I used Lawry’s)
…and a few dashes of hot sauce, if you want a slight and mild kick.
Secure the blender lid…
Then, pour in some vegetable oil through the blender lid’s opening…
…as you continue to blend.
When done, transfer the dressing to a container or jar.
Put a lid on it and pop in the fridge for a few hours until nice and chilled.
Then, create a nice large salad of your choice.
Pour the dressing over it…
…toss that salad up with the dressing…
…place that beautiful salad on the table to serve…
…and plate some up.
Have a lovely salad aficionado try it and look really classy while doing so.
Watch them react as the dressing splashes within their mouth.
And then they’ll say how much they love it and ask for the recipe!
The best dressing ever, so easily done!
Best Steakhouse Salad Dressing
Prime Rib steakhouse salad dressings are my favorite. You know, the kind where they spin the salad in front of you in a steel bowl on ice and then toss it with this magical dressing? Now you're going to make it at home.
- 3 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of apple sauce
- 1 tsp of seasoned salt (I used Lawry’s)
- 1/2 tsp of celery salt
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp of Sherry wine (Cooking Sherry is fine)
- 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- With the exception of the vegetable oil, add all the ingredients to a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds
- Pour in the vegetable oil though the opening in the blender’s lid AS you blend for 30 seconds more on high
- Transfer the dressing to a jar or container and let it chill in the fridge for a solid 3-4 hours until nice and chilled
- Shake well before use and pour over and toss with any salad of your choice
This will dress one large, family-style salad. If you want to double the recipe, double it and save some for later or smaller, individual servings!
This blender is amazing!
Leave a Reply