If you love my Chicken Piccata and Lemon Chicken Pasta, just wait until you try Risotto Francese. We’re talking the creamiest, easiest risotto dish that’s dressed in an incredible egg-lemon-butter-Parmesan sauce! I also like it with chicken so I supply that as an easy option to toss in. This literally tastes like a delightful spring or summer day.
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) salted butter
- 1 large Spanish or yellow onion, diced
- 1 – 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, tenderloins or thighs, cut into bite-size pieces (optional)
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 5 cups chicken or garlic broth (e.g Garlic Better Than Bouillon)
- 4 large eggs
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ - 1/2 cup bacon bits (optional)
- Add the butter to the Instant Pot, hit Sauté and Adjust so it's on the More or High Setting. Once melted and bubbling, add the onion and chicken (if using) and sauté for 3-5 minutes until the onions are lightly softened and the chicken is pinkish-white in color.
- Add the broth and stir everything together well, scraping the bottom of the pot to make sure it’s cleared of any browned bits. Add the rice, but do not stir. Just smooth it out with a spatula. Secure the lid, move the valve to the sealing position, hit Cancel and then hit Pressure Cook or Manual on High Pressure for 6 minutes. Quick release when done.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl whisk together the eggs and lemon juice.
- When the lid comes off the pot, give the risotto a stir. Hit Cancel followed by Sauté and Adjust so it’s on the More or High setting. Once it begins to bubble, pour in the egg mixture, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. This will ensure the egg is cooked through. Add the cream and Parmesan and stir until combined. Hit Cancel and serve topped with additional Parmesan and a twist of the juiced lemon peels, if desired.
If you want shrimp, add some raw, peeled shrimp in Step 4 while adding the egg mixture.