The Perfect Ten Burger
The Perfect Ten Burger
- For 4-5 Burgers (about 6-7 oz each):
- 1.5 lbs of ground beef (80%-85% lean only. Do not go any higher than 85% lean)
- SECRET INGREDIENT! 3 tbsp of bacon grease, lukewarm to slightly warmed (you can get this from about 6-8 slices of bacon once cooked and then use the bacon to top the burger – this is the secret ingredient and makes this burger the absolute best. IF you refuse to use bacon, you can use 3 tbsp of melted, slightly warmed salted butter instead)
- 1/4 cup of whole milk
- 2 slices of white bread, crusts discarded and ripped into tiny pieces
- 2 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of onion soup mix
- 1 tsp of seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp of hoisin sauce
MAJOR TIP: If you don’t already, whenever you has grease after cooking bacon, pour the cooled grease that remains in the pot/pan/skillet to a jar and place in the fridge. It will last pretty much forever and you can keep adding to it every time you have excess bacon grease. Bacon grease is WONDERFUL to use in place of oil or butter in many dishes – especially when making eggs!
IF YOU MAKE IT IN THE INSTANT POT AND WANT A CHARRED EDGE, try using a culinary torch on each side of the patty for a few moments!
The Perfect Ten Burger is called that for a reason. It cooks in 10 minutes to medium juicy heaven whether grilled, pressured steamed or broiled in the oven/air fryer. If you like your burger more well done, obviously cook longer to your charred heart’s desire.
Don’t want bacon or its grease? Fine. Use 3 tbsp of melted, lukewarm salted butter instead.
Don’t eat red meat? Use ground turkey or ground chicken instead.
Dress your burger however you see fit! You do you.
- In a large mixing bowl, take the crumbled white bread and add the milk. Mash with a fork for a minute until it becomes a paste-like consistency (when it looks like oatmeal, it’s done) and then set aside
- Fry up the bacon on the stove in a skillet OR in your Instant Pot on “Sauté” to the desired crunch OR in your Ninja Foodi in the basket with the TenderCrisp lid lowered and hitting “Air Crisp” at 375° for 12-15 minutes depending on how well-done you like it. Reserve the grease when done
- Add the ground beef to the bowl with the milk-sopped bread as well as all other ingredients. Mix/knead by (clean) hand and until fully combined and with the ingredients evenly dispersed. The meat should be a bit sticky and easily form into a large meatball
- Shape the meat mixture into burger patties using a hamburger patty press and lining each patty’s edge with parchment rounds so it doesn’t stick to the press or to each other when stacked. The burgers are now ready for either immediate cooking or the patties can stay in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days before cooking
- Cook in one of three ways – ALL IN 10 MINUTES (hence The Perfect Ten Burger):
- BARBECUE/GRILL: Heat the grill to max temp for 5-10 minutes until fully heated with the lid closed and then lower the heat to medium-high. Add the burger patties and grill for 10 minutes total. This means grill for 5 minutes on one side with the lid lowered and then flip with a spatula and grill for another 5 minutes also with the lid lowered. If adding cheese and/or wanting to toast the buns, place the cheese on top of the patties and the buns face-down on the grill for the final 90 seconds of cooking
- INSTANT POT: Spray non-stick cooking spray on some foil and wrap each burger patty in it. Place the trivet in the liner pot, add in 1 cup of water and rest the individually foil-wrapped patties on the trivet and stack as many as you wish. Hit “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” High Pressure for 10 minutes for four burgers (if cooking more than four, up the cook time to 15 minutes). Quick release when done and serve. NOTE: Do not add cheese to the raw patty before wrapping with the foil because it will stick to the foil. If you want a cheeseburger, add the cheese to it after cooking and the heat of the burger will melt it a bit
- NINJA FOODI: Place the trivet in the liner pot with the tall side facing up and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place the patties (two at a time max can fit) on the trivet, lower the TenderCrisp Lid hit “Bake/Roast” at 400° for 10 minutes total, flipping the burger after 5 minutes and adding the cheese, if desired 90 seconds before the cook time is complete
- Place on buns (if you want), top with any toppings your heart desires and enjoy the greatest, most flavorful and juicy homemade burger ever!