Instant Pot Noodle Pudding
Instant Pot Noodle Pudding
Ah, The Noodle Pudding (or Kugel as some would call it). This is a Jewish dish that has many different incarnations – including one now made in the Instant Pot!
This one is on the creamier, sweeter side (but not too sweet!) and is usually served as a side at a Jewish feast (that has brisket, stuffed cabbage, chicken noodle matzoh ball soup and the such) BUT I find it works best as a dessert.
Think of it as The Jewish Cheesecake!
It’s lovely, light and has that perfect element of sweet and savory to it!
Here’s How I Made It!:
We’ll begin with some wide egg noodles…
…which we’ll add to the Instant Pot and cover with water.
Give everything a little stir, secure the lid and cook on high pressure.
When done, perform a quick release and it’ll be perfectly cooked!
Drain the noodles and let them rest.
…and some cottage cheese
Mix together for a few.
Now add some vanilla extract…
…some (okay a lot of) sugar…
…and some eggs.
Take a stick of butter…
…and add that to the mixing bowl as well.
Mix it up until nice and blended and creamy until…
…it looks like this!
Now you’ll want to get a 6″x3″ springform pan…
…and grease the bottom and sides with some butter…
…until it look like this!
Add the noodles into the batter…
…and pour the batter into the springform pan.
Nest, put the trivet and some water into the Instant Pot…
…and set the pan on top of it. Secure the lid and cook on high pressure.
When it’s done and the lid comes off, you’ll notice it will have risen! Take it out of the pot and set aside to cool (but leave in the pan!)
Now let’s make that amazing graham cracker butter topping. Start with some graham cracker crumbs….
…some (okay, a lot of) sugar…
…and mix together well so that…
…it looks like this when done!
Generously spoon on top of the noodle pudding.
Now, place the noodle pudding into the oven to bake for a few minutes…
…so that when it comes out, the top looks nice and browned!
Now we’ll unlatch the springform pan, and remove it.
Carefully remove the bottom of the pan from the noodle pudding using a flat-edged knife or spatula…
…and cut yourself a slice!
But try not to eat some it before you take a photo of this beautiful, sweet creation (like I did!)
1 (14 -16 ounce) package of wide egg noodles
6 eggs, beaten
1 stick (1/2 cup) of salted butter, melted
1 (16 ounce) tub of cottage cheese
1 (8 ounce) brick of cream cheese
1 (16 ounce) pint of sour cream
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of white, granulated sugar
2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
1 stick (1/2 cup) of salted butter, melted (this is separate from the other butter)
1/2 cup white sugar (also separate from the other sugar)
This recipe makes TWO Noodle Puddings in a 6” x 3” springform pan. If you only want to make one, half it!
- Add the noodles to the Instant Pot and add just enough water to cover the noodles
- Hit “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” High Pressure for 1 minute
- Quick release and drain the noodles and toss with cold water and let cool
- Make the batter – Mix together the cottage cheese and cream cheese until smooth (I suggest using a stand mixer if you have one, but a hand mixer will work well too). Then, mix in sour cream, vanilla, sugar, 1 stick of melted butter and beaten eggs. Mix very well
- Add noodles to the mixture in a large bowl mix together until well combined
- Heavily grease you 6” x 3” springform pan with butter and add the mixture
- Add the trivet to the Instant Pot with 1.5 cups of water. Carefully place the springform pan on top of the trivet.
- Hit “Manual” High Pressure for 23 minutes
- When done, allow a natural release (should take about 9 minutes or so)
- While cooking, set the oven to “Broil” and make topping mixture
- NOTE: THIS STEP IS NOT KOSHER FOR PASSOVER (if that matters to you) – Make the graham cracker topping by mixing the graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup of sugar and the other stick of melted butter
- Generously layer the topping on top and place in oven for 2-5 mins and WATCH it so it doesn’t burn (remember, ovens vary)! It should be a nice golden brown when it comes out
- Let cool in pan for 30-45 mins before carefully removing the springform pan. It will look like a cheesecake!
- Enjoy hot, cold or room temperature!