Instant Pot Lasagna Rolls
Instant Pot Lasagna Rolls
- 10 lasagna noodles, boiled (just use a whole box in case some come out ripped or cracked from the box. OR you can buy FRESH lasagna noodles at some supermarkets, Italian markets or pasta shops and be ready to go!)
- 16 oz container of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tbsp of dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow or Spanish onion, diced
- 1 tbsp of crushed garlic
- 1 lb of ground chuck beef (the less lean, the better)
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp of seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- Two 2 cup bags of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 40 oz jar of marinara sauce (use a good one like Victoria White Linen)
This makes lasagna SO much easier to serve since it not only commands portion control, but it also prevents having to cut through layers of noodles and making a mess! You’re going love cooking it in these stackable pots too! YES they fit in both the 6qt AND the 8qt!
If the Ekovana pans are out of stock, these are basically the exact same ones with the same dimensions!
If you’d rather skip making your own meat sauce or if you’re a vegetarian and you don’t want any meat at all, you can use a jarred one instead and heat it up on the stove. But if you DO what it with meat, the method I use to pressure cook the seasoned meat combined with the marinara is definitely going to make it taste better! Just make sure you use a good marinara sauce like Victoria White Linen if you go that route!
Want to eliminate the carbs? Try slicing an eggplant or zucchini thinly and subbing those for the lasagna noodles instead! You won’t need to boil them and it will be the same cooking time in the IP!
- Start by boiling a pot of water and adding in a bit of salt and a splash of olive oil. Add the box of lasagna noodles and boil for 10 minutes or according to the package (Note: These noodles won’t boil properly in the Instant Pot due it it not having enough room due to the size of the noodles so doing them on the stove is a must. We’ll also only be using about 10 of these noodles, but some will definitely be broken in the box, so just use the ones that are the most perfect and cook a few extra for safety). You can also skip this step if you buy fresh lasagna noodles at your local market, Italian market or pasta shop!
- While the noodles are boiling, in a mixing bowl add the ricotta cheese, parmesan, egg, parsley and salt. Mix well, cover and pop in the fridge to briefly set
- Drain the noodles and run them under cold water. Try to straighten the noodles as best as possible as they rest
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by pouring the olive oil into the Instant Pot and hitting “Sauté” and “Adjust” so it’s on the “More” or “High” setting and once it reads “Hot,” add the onions. Cook for a 2-3 minutes until translucent and then add the garlic and cook for another minute. Next up, add the ground beef and cook until browned, seasoning with the Italian seasoning, seasoned salt and pepper along the way. Add the jar of marinara sauce and stir well. No water is needed here because the juices from the meat will be sufficient enough for that extra liquid
- Secure the lid and cook on “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” for 4 minutes and follow with a quick release. When done, give it a good stir and you can just leave it on the “Keep Warm” setting as the sauce simmers and thickens a little.
- While the sauce is cooking, prepare the lasagna rolls by taking the ricotta mixture out of the fridge as well as some of the mozzarella cheese. Lay each noodle on a flat surface and using a silicone spatula (or any tool that spreads easily) line the facing-up side of the lasagna noodle with the ricotta mixture (not TOO much, but enough), sprinkle some mozzarella on top, roll it up like a jellyroll and set aside with the seam side down
- For our final step, using your stackable pans, layer in enough sauce to coat the bottom of each pan, carefully layer in each lasagna roll (seam side down) and generously cover with sauce followed with a generous amount of sprinkled mozzarella cheese. Stack the pots, and secure them in their carrying case. You can keep any leftover sauce for later or using when serving but set that aside and quickly clean and dry the liner pot and return it to the Instant Pot.
- Add the trivet to the Instant Pot along with 1 cup of water. Rest the stackable pots on top of it with the two carrying case lines facing directly towards the front and back ends of the pot for the lid to properly close (see video for guidance).
- Secure the lid and cook on “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” for 10 minutes and follow with a quick release. With a dish towel or oven mit, carefully remove the pot by the handle (it will be hot!) and serve!