Kermit got it wrong. It’s SO easy being green!
I love Risotto. It’s the “pasta” of the rice world.
And I LOVE Basil Pesto sauce. It’s an amazing combination of Basil leaves, olive oil, Parmesan, pine nuts and garlic. What’s not to love?!
Basil Pesto Risotto (the “pasta” of the rice world) has such a delightful flavor while also packing one helluva satisfying punch!
One mouthful and it shall be proven that not only is this one of the richest and tastiest risottos you’ll ever have, but thanks to the Instant Pot it’s also one of the EASIEST and QUICKEST to make! Get ready to be wowed by this Bob Warden winner.
Here’s How I Made It!:
It begins with an onion…
Then we go to our Instant Pot and add a little vegetable oil…
…and a little butter. Let’s heat them up…
…and then add our onion.
Cook it for a few minutes until it becomes a bit translucent and lightly browned.
Now take some Arborio rice (yes, it must be Arborio rice to make a proper risotto)…
…and add it to the onions.
Mix it all together for a moment…
…and then add in some chicken broth…
…freshly squeezed lemon juice…
…and some sugar.
Mix well, secure the lid and cook at high pressure.
When done, remove the lid and stir.
Now comes our key ingredient: PESTO! (I’m obsessed with the Costco/Kirkland Signature one)
Pour some into the pot…
…so that it makes you green with envy.
Serve it in a bowl…
…dollop some mascarpone if you so desire.
And enjoy one of the easiest and tastiest things you’ll ever make in your Instant Pot!
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (1/8th of a stick) of salted butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups of Arborio rice (you must use this kind of rice to make a proper risotto)
- 5 cups of Chicken Broth (5 tsps of Chicken Better Than Bouillon + 5 cups of water)
- 1 tsp of white sugar
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice (or the juice of one fresh squeezed lemon)
- 1 cup of a good Pesto sauce (Costco has THE best)
- Mascarpone cheese, for topping
- Add the butter and oil to the Instant Pot, then hit “Sauté” and “Adjust” to the “More” setting until it reads “Hot”
- Add the onion and cook and stir for 5 minutes until translucency occurs
- Add the rice and stir in with the onions for 1 minute
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice and sugar. Stir well
- Secure Lid and hit “Keep Warm/Cancel” then “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” High Pressure for 6 minutes.
- When done, quick release and remove lid
- Stir nicely as sauce will thicken
- Add Pesto sauce and stir in thoroughly (start with 1 cup and feel free to add more to taste). Let rest for about 5 mins as the pot is in the Keep Warm setting as it will thicken
- Serve in bowls with a large dollop of Mascarpone and then mix it in as you eat it. This really sends it over the edge
If you wish to make your own Pesto sauce, you’ll need the following:1 1/2 cups of fresh Basil leaves1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil1/4 cup of pine nuts3 gloves of crushed garlic
Then, toss together in a food processor and pulse until smoothly chunky