You know when you just want to take something out of your grocery bag and have it all ready, done and awesome on your plate in ten minutes? This recipe is going to do that.
Corn is one of those vegetables so many of us love (just ask Carol Channing). You can do so many things with it, but there’s really nothing like eating some of it right off the cob. Sweet little kernels that burst with a joyous flavor right into your mouth – it’s impossible not to love the stuff.
Now to me, there really isn’t any other way I prefer my corn than slathered in this incredible tangy cotija cheese sauce that is easily whipped up as the corn is cooking – they call it the Mexican Street Corn style due to it being exactly that – made in carts on the street. Folks, I’m telling you now it takes corn to the next level.
And what’s even better is how QUICKLY it cooks in the Instant Pot. This will be on your plate in no time at all!
Here’s How I Made It!:
Okay, we’ll need some corn…
…shucked (meaning pull off all that glossy, green hair)…
…so it looks like this when done.
Add the trivet and some water to the Instant Pot…
…and lay the corn on the trivet…
…in a criss-crossing fashion. Secure the lid and cook on high pressure.
While the corn’s cooking, make the Mexican Street Sauce! Start off with some sour cream…
…and add some mayo…
…crumbled cotija cheese…
…and some fresh lime juice.
Mix together well…
…so it looks like a beautiful, thick and creamy sauce.
When the corn’s done, transfer it to a plate.
Now taking a wooden stick (like the kind you’d use for roasting marshmallows or making shish kebob)…
…insert into the bottom of the corn cob.
Take a basting brush…
…and slather the sauce on the corn!
Rotate the corn while brushing that magic sauce on it so that it looks like this masterpiece on a stick when done.
Eat the corn…
…wipe the messy face…
RIDICULOUSLY FAST AND DELICIOUS!
- Up to 8 ears of fresh corn, shucked
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 tbsp of dried cilantro
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- Juice of half a lime
- In the Instant Pot, add the trivet and 1.5 cups of water. Layer the shucked corn on top of the trivet and criss-cross each new level. Secure the lid and hit “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” High Pressure for 3 minutes for 2-5 pieces and 4 minutes for 6-8 pieces. Quick release when done.
- While the corn is cooking, make the sauce by mixing together the mayo, sour cream, cotija cheese, dried cilantro, chili powder and lime juice.
- Using tongs, transfer the corn to a plate. Insert wooden skewer sticks into the bottom of each corn cob for support and brush the sauce generously on each piece.
- For A Roasted Touch: After cooking the corn in the Instant Pot, do not sauce it yet. Drain the liner pot, return it and add the fryer basket. Add the air fryer lid and hit Broil (400 degrees) for 10-15 minutes and hit Start. Roast to your liking!OR turn the oven to broil and place corn on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil for a few minutes (about 2-5 but keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn much as ovens vary). When roasted, slather the corn with the sauce and top with additional cotija cheese, cilantro and squeezed lime if you so desire just before serving.
Don’t want the sauce? Use butter instead!
Don’t want butter? Eat the corn plain! It tastes PERFECT as is!
Want it broiled so it gets a little burnt? Broil it in the oven at the end for a few minutes!