Sometimes, you just want to make something in literally 5 minutes from start to finish.
None of the frills, ALL of the thrills.
This is perfect as a side dish to any barbecue, beef, chicken or on its own, this simple, yet powerful dish will make you understand why rabbits love this orange wonder.
But you may also wonder if this is a side dish or a dessert – they’re that sweet and delicious.
Not only is this one of the easiest things you’ll ever make, but it’s also one of the tastiest!
Here’s How I Made It!
Take a bag of baby carrots and add them to the Instant Pot.
Add a little water…
…a bit of cinnamon…
…some brown sugar…
…and some butter (I told you this was a sweet side dish!)
Give everything a good stir in the pot. Secure the lid and cook on high pressure.
When done cooking, add some maple syrup…
….and a cornstarch slurry to thicken.
Give everything a final, good stir…
…transfer to a serving dish and enjoy! Even the kiddies will love to eat their veggies this time with dinner!
- 16 oz bag of baby carrots, peeled and washed
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (1/4 stick) of salted butter
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup (use a good one)
- 2 tsp of cornstarch + 1 tbsp of water to form a slurry
- Add all the ingredients EXCEPT the maple syrup and cornstarch slurry to the Instant Pot and mix well. Top with the butter
- On the Instant Pot, hit “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” High Pressure for 2 minutes. Quick release
- Hit “Keep Warm/Cancel” and then “Sauté” and “Adjust” so it’s on the “More” setting
- Add the maple syrup and cornstarch slurry and stir well and let sit for about 1-2 minutes. When it begins to bubble, turn the pot off and transfer to a serving bowl
I swear this can also pass as a dessert. Be bold and try it a la mode with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!