This recipe is dedicated to everyone who loves cheesy chicken rolled up in a tortilla, but has no time to get fancy. So I’ll keep it as simple as this headnote: four ingredients; eight minute pressure cook time. Cheesy Chicken Roll-Ups are as addicting as they are a cinch to make.
- 2 - 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs kept whole
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup salsa verde (optional)
- 1 pound (4 cups) finely shredded cheddar cheese (or any shredded cheese of your choice)
- Flour or corn tortillas (I use burrito-sized, but fajita-sized will work for smaller portions)
- Add the chicken and broth to the Instant Pot. Smooth out the chicken so it's as submerged in the broth as possible. Secure the lid, move the valve to the sealing position and hit Pressure Cook or Manual at High Pressure for 8 minutes. Quick release when done.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken to a large mixing bowl. Reserve 1/2 cup of the broth and discard the rest, returning the empty liner pot to the Instant Pot.
- Either using two forks or a hand mixer (which I use), shred the chicken. Fold in the cheese (which basically mean to stir it in a scooping like fashion), combining it with the chicken. If using the salsa verde, add it now and also mix in.
- Back to the Instant Pot, hit Cancel followed by Sauté and Adjust so it's on the More or High setting. Add in the cheesy chicken mixture and stir often for a 3-5 minutes so the cheese really melts and the chicken gets nice and hot. If you want the mixture a bit thinner, pour in some of that reserved broth and stir until you've hit the desired consistency. Hit Cancel to turn the pot off.
- Scoop some of that cheesy chicken into the tortilla, roll it up and revel in the delicious simplicity! Goes great with some salsa, sour cream, guacamole and/or jalapeños rolled in.
You can absolutely use chicken breasts in place of thighs. Just maker sure they're sliced so they're no thicker than 1/2 inch (slice them if you need to) and pressure cook for 12 minutes instead of 8.