Because I sometimes love my Instant Pot Cauliflower Mash EXTRA creamy instead of chunky, I decided to make an addendum to that video and share how to make it a purée for those who love it silky, velvety and smooth!
Go on, I DARE you to give this to a stubborn child (or spouse!) telling them it’s rich and creamy mashed potatoes.
THEN, when they’re chowing down and asking for seconds, drop the ball that they just ate cauliflower! Changed for life!
Here’s How I Made It!:
Take a head of cauliflower, discard the bottom stalk, any green leaves and rip into large chunks.
With the trivet in the Instant Pot, add in some chicken broth…
..and layer the cauliflower on top of it. Secure the lid and cook on high pressure.
Once done, remove the cauliflower…
…and place in a food processor or blender.
Make sure you add in some of the chicken broth it from the pot…
…as well as some butter…
…milk (I used skim)…
…and a little pepper.
Now let’s pulse and blend it on up until it’s a purée.
Add in a little more butter, milk salt & pepper if you so desire and give it a final blend.
And there you go! Is it SUPER creamy mashed potatoes or healthy cauliflower? You decide (and I’m telling you, the kids – or any cauliflower haters for that matter – will never know the difference!)
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup of chicken or vegetable broth (use 1 cup instead of 2 if you want it to be thicker)
- 1-2 tbsp of salted butter
- 1/2 cup of skim milk (you can use more if you want it creamier)
- 4 cloves of garlic or roasted garlic (optional, but here is the simple recipe for your Instant Pot!)
- Salt and pepper to taste (or any other seasonings you desire – the sky’s the limit!)
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (if desired)
- Separate the cauliflower heads and discard the stalk and all green leaves.
- Add the trivet to the Instant Pot
- Add the chicken or vegetable broth
- Place cauliflower on top and seal lid
- Set high pressure for 4 minutes and do a quick release when done
- Take the cauliflower and place in a blender or food processor. Pour in about 1/3 of the broth from the pot and pulse and then blend until smooth
- Add the garlic (if using), parmesan (if using), butter, milk, salt and pepper or any other seasonings you love. Pulse and blend again until totally smooth and creamy
I have this blender/food processor and I find it SUPER handy for this. Great price and it can do a ton of other things too with all the accessories it comes with!
Make it Vegan-friendly by subbing the necessary ingredients to make it so!