One little monkey, jumping on the bed. One fell off and bumped his head. Mama called the doctor and the doctor said. GIVE THAT MONEY BANANAS FOSTER INSTEAD!
Is there any dessert better than Bananas Foster cascading over some vanilla ice cream?
A monkey would tell you no, and so would I!
This is seriously one of the EASIEST and TASTIEST things you can make in your Instant Pot (it used to take 2.5 hours in the crock pot for reference) and you are going to absolutely go BANANAS for it!
Top it off with some vanilla ice cream and BAM – INSTANT HAPPINESS!
Here’s How I Made It!:
Start with four bananas that aren’t totally ripe, but not green either. We want them a little firm.
Cut ’em up into sizeable chunks.
Take a whole stick of BUTTA! (Just look the other way)…
…and dice it up!
Now, to our pot let’s add a little water…
…and get down with a little rum!
We’re gonna sweeten the pot with a little brown sugar…
…and vanilla extract.
Add the butter into the mix…
…and stir it up all nice and beautifully.
Now let’s add our pretty bananas…
…and give those a toss and a coat with our soon to be amazing sauce!. Secure the lid and cook on high pressure.
When it’s done, you’re never going to want to smell anything else but this again!
I mean look at that! PURE BLISS!
Serve it in a bowl over a few scoops of vanilla ice cream and you’ll probably be swinging from vines. No monkeying around!
- 4 good-sized bananas, not too ripe/not too un-ripe (they should still be firm), peeled and cut into large sliced chunks
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) of salted butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of a light (clear) rum
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar, packed (you can use light brown too if you already have it, but color won’t be as dark)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, for the very end
- Combine all of the ingredients EXCEPT for the bananas and ice cream (obviously) to the Instant Pot. Mix well until the large lumps of the sugar are dissolved and it looks like a molasses.
- Add the bananas and coat with the sauce being easy with the spoon – don’t smash them up.
- Secure the lid and hit “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” High Pressure for 2 minutes. Allow a 5 minute natural release followed by a quick release when done. (NOTE: I’ve since updated the cook time from when I shot the video to ensure a more substantial banana).
- Transfer to a serving bowl, let cool for a few moments and serve over bowls of vanilla ice cream.
Bananas Foster goes PERFECTLY over bread pudding, french toast, pancakes and cheesecake too! It works on basically anything!