If you know me by now, you know I am completely obsessed with Better Than Bouillon and use it in many of my recipes. Not only is it so much more practical, affordable and more flavorful than most other bouillons/bases, but it also comes in a huge variety of flavors.
What’s even more fantastic about it is that it’s not just for soups and sauces – it’s also incredible to use to make the most amazing marinades. Just check out this absolutely astounding Garlic Parmesan Marinade I’ve made using Garlic Better Than Bouillon. No matter what you put it on, it’s going to make that food’s flavor comes to life and in ways you never expected it!
Here’s How I Made It! (scroll to the bottom for the fully-written recipe):
Begin by taking a mixing bowl and adding in vegetable oil…
…and our key ingredient to make this marinade as magical as it is, Garlic Better Than Bouillon!
Just scoop a little out of the jar…
…add it to the oil and whisk together until the bouillon base becomes little flecks.
Now, add in some white vinegar…
…red wine vinegar…
…(that’s juiced, of course)…
…and grated Parmesan cheese.
…until well combined
Transfer to a jar/container and use either immediately or let chill in the fridge.
To use the marinade, simply place some chicken into a large freezer bag and follow it up with some marinade…
…seal the bag pressing out any air…
…and swoosh everything around in the bag until the marinade coats the food. You can then let is marinate in the fridge for up to 24 hours if using chicken or veggies.
If using shrimp, do the same thing. Add to a freezer bag…
…add the marinade…
…and swoosh around. Just make sure if marinating seafood that you don’t go longer than 10 minutes of marinating due to the acidity of the vinegars and lemon juice.
Cook your meat as you see fit, whether that be in a frying pan, grill, oven or pressure cooker.
When it’s time to eat…
This is going to be one INSANELY flavorful dish all because of that wondrous marinade! All made possible due to the wonders of Garlic Better Than Bouillon!
This video is sponsored by Better Than Bouillon/Southeastern Mills and all opinions are honest and my own
Garlic Parmesan Marinade
Marinades are key to making proteins sing on the grill or in the oven. And have I got the ultimate one for garlic-Parmesan lovers.
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp of Garlic Better Than Bouillon
- 1 tbsp of white vinegar
- 1 tbsp of red vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp of thyme
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp of poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil and Garlic Better Than Bouillon until the bouillon becomes little flecks in the oil. Then, add in all the other ingredients and whisk together until well combined. Store in a bottle or jar and shake well
- Marinate any poultry, seafood or vegetables using this glorious marinade. Do so by placing the food in a large freezer bag, adding the marinade, sealing the bag with the air pushed out and then making sure everything is fully coated in the marinade. Leave in the fridge for up to 24 hours with chicken and up to 10 minutes with seafood.
- Pressure cook, grill, bake or sauté your food as desired – no matter how you do it, this marinade will be sure it’s a flavor success!
This will be enough marinade for about 2 lbs of whatever you’re cooking (assume 1/4 cup of marinade for each pound of food). If making more than that, make more marinade!
You can also totally use the marinade as a wonderful final coat after the food has been cooked in it!
It will store well in an air-tight container in the fridge up to about a week or so.
Leave a Reply