Having access to a pressure cooker that can also crisp ALL IN THE SAME DEVICE is miraculous.
So when I got the Ninja Foodi, I knew I had to finally make some serious Garlic Parmesan Wings in there. Folks, this thing does a superb job at not only cooking them to tender, juicy perfection but also finishes them up with a wonderful crisp that’s sure to not only rival any oven-baked wings. Bonus: it minimizes the clean-up and avoids heating up your kitchen!
You can also do this in the Instant Pot with a simple finishing off in your oven or air fryer for that crispy effect!
Here’s How I Made It!:
Begin with some chicken wings/drumettes….
…and season with a little seasoned salt.
Add the chicken wings to the liner pot…
…followed by some chicken broth…
…so they look like this (it’s okay if all the wings aren’t covered with broth – and they actually shouldn’t be).
Secure the pressure cooking lid and cook at high pressure.
While the wings are cooking, lets make our amazing garlic parmesan sauce. Take a stick of butter…
…and melt it.
Then, add in some garlic base (or crushed garlic)…
…and parsley flakes.
Mix until well combined.
When the wings are done pressure cooking, remove with tongs…
…and place in a bowl.
The take the broth the chicken cooked in…
…and discard it or save it for another use if you’d like some extra tasty chicken broth. Just make sure you drain it from the pot.
Add in the included trivet so it’s on the high-stack level and spray it with some non-stick spray.
Lay the wings on it…
…take the garlic parmesan mixture..
…and generously brush it onto all the wings. There will (and should) be some left over. And you may need to do this in 2 batches depending on how many wings you have.
And now for the super convenient part – BAKING them in the same device we pressure cooked them in! Lower the TenderCrisp lid and broil for a few moments to the desired crispiness. (NOTE: You can flip them midway through and marinate the other sides of the wings midway through if you wish)
When done, they’ll be beautiful with a crisped exterior and super moist and juicy interior.
Transfer the wings to a serving dish and coat with remaining garlic parmesan sauce.
You’re now ready to serve!
Take a nice, crunchy bite…
…suck all the meat right off the bone (because it will)…
…and lick it clean! Just AWESOME! Wings done juicy AND crispy all in one device!
- 2-3 lbs of chicken wings/drumettes
- Seasoned salt, to season the wings
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1 stick of salted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp of Garlic Better than Bouillon (or 1 tbsp of crushed garlic)
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of dried parsley flakes
- Lightly rub the seasoned salt on both sides of the chicken wings
- Add the wings to the Ninja Foodi followed by the broth (the wings won’t be fully covered by the broth). Secure the pressure cooking lid, make sure it’s in the sealing position, hit “Pressure” (or “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” if doing it in an Instant Pot at High Pressure) and go for 8 minutes at high pressure
- While the wings are pressure cooking, create the garlic parmesan sauce by combining the butter, garlic, parmesan, pepper, garlic powder and parsley flakes. Mix together well
- Once the wings are done cooking, quick release, remove them to a bowl, drain the pot of the liquid (you can either discard or reserve as chicken broth for a later use)
- Add the trivet to the pot (with the rack in the high-end/extended position), spray the rack with non-stick spray and place as many wings as you can on it. Brush the garlic parmesan sauce onto the wings
- Lower the TenderCrisp lid and hit “Broil” and go for 8-10 minutes (the longer you go, the crispier the wings so be sure to check on them). It is a good idea to flip the wings midway through the crisping process by simply lifting the lid and re-glazing the other side. Lower the lid again and continue to broil until it reaches the desired crispiness. (NOTE: If you are doing this in an Instant Pot and want to finish it off in the Air Fryer or oven, simply go to 400 degrees or broil for about 5-10 minutes until fully crisped, flipping over midway through and re-marinating the other side. In order to reach the desired crispiness, keep an eye on it as all oven vary.)
- Once done, remove the wings to a serving bowl, slather on any remaining garlic parmesan sauce (or any sauce of your choice)
If you have an Instant Pot and want to make it in that and finish it off in the Air Fryer or oven, simply go to 400 degrees or broil for about 5-10 minutes until fully crisped, flipping over midway through and re-marinating the other side. In order to reach the desired crispiness, keep an eye on it as all oven vary.
Not into Garlic Parmesan style wings? No problem! Use the exact same cooking instructions and simply swap out the garlic parmesan sauce with one of your choice – be it buffalo, barbecue, lemon pepper or whatever you crave!