If there’s one dip I can count on being the star of the show, it’s this Crab & Clam Dip. As rich as it is creamy and smooth, this simply-made showstopper will have every dipper begging for the recipe! The secret? A kick of Clam Better Than Bouillon to send the flavor out of this world. And it’s so good, you’ll eat the bowl it’s served in. Here’s How I Made It! (scroll to the bottom for the fully-written recipe):
Begin with two bricks of cream cheese…
…and dice them into large cubes.
Then take an onion, carrot and red pepper…
…and dice ’em up too.
Now we want some cans of lump crab and chopped clams.
Drain them so we’re left with just the meat.
Now grab an electric fondue pot or non-stick skillet and melt some butter.
Once melted, add in the veggies…
…and sauté for a few minutes until they begin to soften.
Now that they’re softened and looking and smelling great…
…add in the drained crab and clams.
Now it’s time for the secret ingredient: Clam Better Than Bouillon!
Add some into the mix…
…and stir until combined. Allow the seafood to sauté in it for a moment.
Now let’s add in the cream cheese.
Lower the heat a bit and stir it up…
…until it’s totally melded and has a lovely thick consistency.
We’re almost there! (See how easy this?) Just a few finishing touches! Add a little more Clam Better Than Bouillon…
…some garlic powder…
…and shredded Mozzarella.
Stir until everything is fully melded into the dip. And that’s it! Now to serve it up.
Grab a large,round bread you can get in your market or bakery…
…and cut out the top center, leaving the bottom in tact.
Remove any bread in the center so it’s hollowed out (but save the bread for dipping) and becomes a bread bowl.
Spoon the dip into the bread bowl…
…and let the party commence!
Dip a chip (or veggie or bread)…
…and praise the dip, the bread bowl and the BETTER THAN BOUILLON! This post is sponsored by Better Than Bouillon/Southeastern Mills and all opinions are honest and my own
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) salted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 (6-ounce) cans lump crab meat, drained
- 2 (6.5-ounce) can chopped clams, drained
- 2 teaspoons Clam Better Than Bouillon, divided
- 2 (8-ounce) bricks of cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- A large, round bread, hollowed out to form a bread bowl to hold the dip (which doubles as dipping since you’ll be eating it)
- Pretzel chips, veggies
- Take a fondue pot (suggested), enameled Dutch oven or non-stick skillet and set it to medium heat. If you have a non-stick liner pot for the Instant Pot, you can use that as well and set on the Normal/Medium setting. Whatever you use, it must be non-stick so everything doesn’t burn or stick.
- Add the butter and once melted, add the onion, carrot and pepper. Sauté for 5-10 minutes until it becomes softened (you don’t want them to be too hard and crunchy, unless you do – which means to sauté for less time).
- Add the drained crab and clam meat as well as 1 teaspoon of the Clam Better Than Bouillon. Reduce the heat to a medium-low and sauté for another 2 minutes until the seafood is heated through and combined with the Better Than Bouillon.
- Add in the cream cheese and reduce the heat to low. Stir constantly until the cream cheese has melted into a creamy dip-like consistency.
- For the finishing touches, add in the other teaspoon of the Clam Better Than Bouillon, garlic powder and shredded Mozzarella. Stir until melded and fully combined.
- Either serve the dip in the pot on the lowest setting to keep it warm or transfer it to a bread bowl. Dip your favorite things and enjoy!
As with many dishes, the Better Than Bouillon really sets this on over the edge!
Want more crab & clams? Add in 1-2 more cans of each!
For an even more interesting flavor experience, sub one of the bricks of cream cheese for 5-8 ounces of a spreadable herb cheese!
I always use this fondue pot for when I make my Crab & Clam Dip.