Instant Pot Crab Legs
Instant Pot Crab Legs
Make the amazing green garlic BUTTA sauce! Take some butter…
…and melt it in a microwave-safe ramekin/bowl.
Then, add in some Garlic Better Than Bouillon (or minced garlic)…
…Old Bay seasoning…
…and some grated Parmesan cheese.
Mix it all together…
…until it forms a lovely green garlic goddess of a butter!
After the legs are done, let them sit in the pot for 5 minutes and then remove them with some tongs…
…and transfer to a plate.
(Don’t forget the butter!)
And now, it’s time to dig in and act like a barbarian! Rip off one of them legs like a true New Englander…
…and marvel at all that beautiful meat!
You’ll see how easy it’ll be to crack each leg by hand.
If you wish, dip it in that magic butter…
…and savor it as it creates the most wonderful flavor, sweet-meat experience in your mouth.
It’s so good you’ll call for a loved one to share some o’ these legs with you.
Show them how easily this succulent crab meat slides right out of the shell and perhaps offer them some of the butter for dipping…
…watch as they try it out…
…and the look says it all! This is a HUGE crowdpleaser, folks. Done in no time with no effort at all! Enjoy!
- 2-4 lbs (2-4 sections/clusters) of snow crab legs, preferably thawed for 30 minutes in the sink if frozen
- 1 cup of chicken broth (I used 1 tsp of Chicken Better Than Bouillon + 1 cup of water)
- 1 tbsp of Zatarain’s Shrimp & Crab Boil Concentrate (this is going to make the broth quite spicy but it’s simply to infuse the crab legs with flavor as it cooks and we will discard once done cooking. So you can either reduce the amount to as low as 1 tsp or leave it out completely if you wish)
- Garlic Butter Sauce, for dipping (enough for 4 lbs of crab legs)
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) of salted or unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp of Garlic Better Than Bouillon (OR 1 tsp of minced garlic)
- 1/2 tsp of dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp of grated Parmesan cheese
Don’t forget the lobster crackers and seafood forks for the claws!
Make my garlic bread to go with it! You can’t go wrong there 🤩
Since nearly all crab legs come frozen, I do suggest thawing them for 30 minutes in the sink rather than cooking them frozen. It won’t be much of any difference at all (except a few minutes more of cook time), but that’s just my preference is all.
Also, if you have your legs thawed, they’ll be more flexible, allowing you to add and pack in as many clusters of crab legs as you can! Same 2 minute cooking time regardless!
Prefer them cold? That’s fine! Serve them chilled by putting them on ice or in the fridge after cooking (just don’t reheat them due to health reasons!)
Squeezing some fresh lemon on the crab meat is always a nice touch too!
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot followed by the Zatarain’s and stir until combined
- Add in the trivet and rest crab legs on it, maneuvering them so the lid can shut
- Secure the lid and hit “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” High Pressure for 2 minutes if thawed (go for 4 minutes if frozen). Quick release when done
- While the pot’s releasing the steam, add the butter to a microwave safe bowl and set the time for about 30 seconds until it’s totally melted. Stir in the garlic, parsley, Old Bay and parmesan when done
- Allow the crab legs to sit in the pot for 5 minutes after the lid comes off and then transfer them to a plate and get crackin’ and dippin’! Squeeze some fresh lemon on it too if you’d like.
- Enjoy with my amazing garlic bread!