Hot & Cold Chocolate Marshmallow Dip
Hot & Cold Chocolate Marshmallow Dip
This dip is one of the biggest holiday dessert crowd-pleasers around. It’s like taking a hot chocolate, chilling it and then topping it off with a flaming marshmallow crust!
And then you take any cookie of your choice, dip it in and then get transported to the merriest and jolliest of places.
Seriously. If you’re in love with hot cocoa or even s’mores, this super easy and festive dessert dip is for you!
Here’s How I Made It!:
Because, it’s magical, you’ll want to begin by wearing something very shimmery and festive when you male this dip.
Go to your Stand Mixer…
…and add in some heavy cream.
Place the whisk attachment on as well as a splash guard (if you have one)…
…and whisk until the cream…
…turns into a nice, stiff whipped cream!
Take a brick of softened cream cheese, cut into cubes and add it to the mixing bowl…
…along with Marshmallow Fluff…
…(so ooey and gooey)…
…and hot cocoa powder.
Swap out the whisk attachment for the paddle attachment and blend…
..until it becomes a rich, chocolate mousse-like consistency.
Transfer to a bowl…
…place a lid on it and pop in the fridge for at least 2-4 hours so it firms up nicely.
After a few hours of firming up, it’s time to rain some mini marshmallows on top of the dip!
Get a nice amount on there!
And then, let’s make this cold chocolate dip a bit of a hot, roasted, marshmallowy crust! Take a culinary torch…
…and carefully ignite the top of the marshmallows.
They’ll begin to flame-up a bit – just like you’re at a campfire singing Kum Ba Yah!
Oooh, now we’re really ablaze! When it looks like this, we’re good to go!
Totally perfect (okay, it may look like rabbit poo, but we know it’s really just amazing, melty marshmallows). Time to serve it up!
The moment you place this down in front of your friends and family, they are going to flock to it like it was a free sample of air at a Costco.
Watch them dip their favorite cookies into it…
…scooping up that creamy, marshmallowy, chocolatey dip!
And when you look like Ariel triumphantly coming out of the water in The Little Mermaid, you know that’s a good sign.
You’ll even feel like a pretty, pretty princess when you’ve tried it!
…or, perhaps, a Jewnicorn!
Happy Holidays to all! And may your days be merry and bright (like my blazer)!
Enjoy this fabulous treat!
- 1 cup of heavy or whipping cream, whipped (OR you can use 2 cups of thawed Cool Whip)
- 8 oz brick of cream cheese, set out at room temperature for 2 hours
- 7.5 oz jar of Marshmallow Fluff
1/2 cup (4 oz) of hot cocoa powder
1.5 tsp of vanilla extract
Mini marshmallows, for topping
- Cookies and pretzels, for dipping (I like Lorna Doone, Social Teas, Fudge Stripes, Oreos, Nilla Wafers and Graham Crackers for the cookies)
- Using a Stand Mixer with the whisk attachment or a Hand Mixer, whip the heavy cream for 2-3 minutes until it becomes a very fluffy, whipped cream. Gradually work your way from a lower speed to a higher one when the cream is liquid to a higher one as it begins to stiffen. If using thawed Cool Whip, just add it with all the ingredients in Step 2
- Then, add in the softened cream cheese, Marshmallow Fluff, cocoa powder and vanilla extract. On the Stand Mixer, swap out the whisk attachment for the paddle attachment and start on a lower speed and work your way to a higher one until well combined
- Transfer to a serving dish, cover with a lid or foil and place in the fridge for at least 2-4 hours to chill (overnight is great too)
- Just before serving, top with the mini marshmallows and, using a culinary torch, carefully flame the top so the marshmallows become toasty!
- Serve using cookies of your choice to dip. Lorna Doones, Social Teas, Fudge Stripes, Oreos, Nilla Wafers and even pretzels or pretzel chips go great with it! Use graham crackers too for a s’mores experience!