Divine Dill Pickle Dip
Divine Dill Pickle Dip
Today I give both myself and the Instant Pot a rest and turn it over to Richard to make an incredible Dill Pickle Dip!
Now, when I tell you that this is the first dip to be inhaled at any gathering it appears at, I’m not kidding. It’s like all the other dips were the last ones picked to be on the dodge ball team.
This is also one of those dips where you may look at it funny the first time you see it, kinda like a cat scoping out its new cardboard box – but once you try it out with a dipping device of your choice (I like pretzel chips), good luck ever stopping.
Richard was the genius who came up with this one and I always insist he makes it to join the spread anytime we entertain friends and loved ones. It’s the perfect dip as a starter to any get together or while watching something on the TV. Only trouble is, it’ll be gone before you know it – it’s that good!
Here’s How I Made It!:
Start by finding a handsome person with a Southern accent.
And then take some dill pickles (USE DILL and I strongly suggest Claussen brand that’s already refrigerated in the market)…
…and dice ’em up into little pieces.
Then take some red onion…
…and do the same.
Now put some bricks of cream cheese in a mixing bowl…
…and blend using a hand mixer.
Then add in some black pepper…
…Old Bay seasoning…
…and crushed garlic.
Give it another whirl with the hand mixer to blend.
Now take some of that amazing pickle juice from the jar…
…and give it a final blend with everything else in the mixing bowl.
When it’s done, it will be creamy and look like a ranch dressing!
Now take those chopped pickles and onions…
…place in the mixing bowl…
…and fold them into the mixture.
Cover the bowl…
…and pop in the fridge to set for 3+ hours (overnight works well too). Be patient here! It needs to chill, firm up and set so the flavors meld together and the consistency is JUST right for this dip to be perfection.
When it’s time, take the dip out of the fridge.
Get some chips or veggies of your choice (We LOVE using these pretzel chips)…
…scoop up some of that Divine Dill Dip…
…and have a moment.
THE MOST POPULAR DIP AT EVERY GATHERING – GUARANTEED!
- 32 oz Jar of dill pickles, diced (make sure you use dill pickles and get the kind that are refrigerated in the supermarket – we used Claussen and used all but two of the pickles in the jar)
- 1/3 cup of the pickle juice reserved from the jar
- 1/2 cup of a red onion, diced
- Two 8 oz bricks of cream cheese
- 1 tbsp of crushed garlic
- 2 tsp of black pepper
- 2 tsp of Old Bay seasoning
- Pretzel chips, for dipping (or any chips, but I like these best and, yes, they have them at Costco!)
You can make this up to two days ahead of the gathering you host or bring it to!
Want it a little zestier? Add in about 1 tbsp of Gold’s Horseradish Sauce!
Garnish with some fresh, chopped up dill weed if you desire!
- Take the cream cheese and let it soften at room temperature for an hour. Then, add it to a mixing bowl and blend until slightly creamy using a hand mixer for about a minute (you can also use a stand mixer using the paddle attachment but don’t blend together TOO hard!)
- Add in the pepper, Old Bay and garlic. Blend until combined with the cream cheese and then finish by adding in the pickle juice (just make sure to leave out any peppercorns) and blend until well incorporated
- Lastly, add in the diced pickles and onion, fold it in well with a mixing spoon or spatula (do NOT blend with the mixer), put a lid or foil over the mixing bowl and pop it in the fridge from 3 hours onward (overnight works too) so it chills, firms up and the flavors meld. THIS is when the dip tastes truly spectacular so give it a little patience!
- Enjoy with some pretzel chips or any chip/veggie of your choice!