Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cake
Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cake
When you’ve worked your tail off to shed a few pounds, you need to reward yourself every now and then.
This dessert, from Adventures Of A Nurse, is so ridiculously out of this world you’ll be making it for your loved ones in no time.
And it takes just that to make this – NO TIME! All thanks to the Instant Pot! I swear – you could have never baked before in your life and you’ll feel like you went to an Ivy League baking school. It is SO easy and SO indulgent, there is no way you won’t hit a home run with this one. If a volcano erupted the stuff that comes out of this thing, I’d wish I lived near an active one.
In this video, my 2 year old nephew helps me out!
Here’s How I Made It!:
First, get an adorable helper (optional).
Add some chocolate chips to a bowl…
..and reward adorable helper.
Add in a stick of butter (because, why not?)…
..and microwave them so they melt.
Then have adorable helper mix it so it’s blended together.
Crack some eggs…
…add some confectioner’s sugar…
…and mix well.
Then, add some flour…
…and some vanilla extract. And mix well again.
Then, combine the chocolate/butter mixture and the egg/sugar/flour/vanilla mixture…
…into one bowl. Mix well.
Get four little Pyrex custard bowls…
…and spray them with Pam.
Then pour the batter into the bowls…
…equally distributing the batter.
Add the trivet and some water to the Instant Pot…
…and rest the Pyrex bowls on the trivet with the fourth one carefully resting on top of the other three. Secure the lid and cook at high pressure.
When done, let them cool for a few minutes…
…before carefully (but quickly) flipping upside down onto a plate.
Top with some vanilla ice cream and some Magic Shell or hot fudge or sundae sauce…
…Cut an edge off and watch the inside just cascade onto your plate in sheer wonder.
Reward adorable helper.
Clean adorable helper’s face.
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp of Vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp of flour
- 1 cup of powdered/Confectioner’s sugar
- For Topping:
- Vanilla Ice cream
- Chocolate Magic shell (warm it up by submerging the bottle in some warm water first so it comes out more easily)
- For Cooking:
- Four 6-ounce Pyrex Bowls
I used these exact 6-ounce Pyrex bowls and STRONGLY suggest you get them for this recipe as they cook the cakes perfectly for that true gooey, chocolatey lava effect. They’ll come in handy for many other things you make in the future as well!
- Microwave the chocolate chips and butter together for 2 minutes and mix together well
- Beat the eggs and whisk in the powdered sugar, flour, vanilla until combined. Add in the melted chocolate mixture and stir until combined
- Spray the the pyrex cups with non-stick cooking spray and pour the batter into each pyrex, evenly distributing
- Place trivet and 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot and layer the Pyrex bowls carefully on the trivet keeping the 4th one balanced on the center on top of the other 3 (If you have the 8qt, you may be able to fit all 4 on the trivet)
- Secure the lid, cook at high pressure hitting “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” for 9 minutes and quick release when done
- Carefully and quickly flip the Pyrex bowls onto a plate so the cake slides out onto it and top with ice cream and any magic shell or topping on your choice
- Eat right away and enjoy!